Monday, July 6, 2009

dedication.

lamee

'I don’t think there was ever a moment where I didn’t think my boyfriend, Nicholas, wasn’t perfect. I looked at the phone, contemplating ringing him and telling him how I felt. But I decided against it. Although he knew about the fighting, it never felt easier to talk to anyone about it. It was embarrassing; there was no other way to put it. I knew my friends felt uncomfortable in my house, though they’d never tell me it to my face. I sighed. A memory flashed into my mind. It was from a few months ago. Nick and I were sitting in my bed. My head was cupped in his hands. His big grey eyes seemed intent on scrutinizing me. I laughed.
“What?” He questioned seriously.
“Your face… It always looks like your studying me.”
“I am.”
“I know…” I looked down.
“Does it make you feel awkward?” He said, his face wrinkling in worry.
I didn’t answer, but instead kissed him slowly on his lips, broken and dry from the inevitable dehydration the new summer gave.
“I… love you.” He said and pulled back.
My eyes widened. It was never something either of us had vocalized, although somehow it seemed as if we both knew.
“I love you too.”'

'I looked out the window. I could see what the lack of rain had left: Dry grass, hungry animals.
Old cars were littered over the fields. Cheap cars we’ve had. Cheap cars we didn’t have enough money to get fixed.'

'The heavy rain struck against the tin roof above the classroom.
The sound reminded Violet of tap dancing. It was some what familiar, this sound. She knew that there was a memory, somewhere, of something occurring in the rain. Violet knew that this faint memory was significant, but she couldn’t quite untangle the blurred memory that played in her mind.'

'Looking out onto the ocean, Violet noticed something different. Instead of looking its usual stunning self, the beach looked dark. Like something had dampened its mood. It wasn’t as if the light was dark, no, it was something in the air.
She walked out, took her shoes off, and waded in the water. The waves crashed against the jagged rocks and suddenly Violet felt scared. She looked around and realized no one else was on the beach. It was just her and the cold. Violet froze. She felt a hand on her shoulder. Her piercing scream echoed over the beach.'

'With a grim look upon her face, Ally woke up early. She looked at her clock: It was 5.00am. She sighed and lay back down, but sleep didn’t come easy. She tossed and turned but never did get back to sleep. She was still haunted by the nightmare she had just had experienced.
In the dream Ally was standing back at PebbleBay. She was looking out at the waves when suddenly they pulled her into the water. She was being swallowed up, frozen by fear. She tried to swim away but she couldn’t move.
Ally shuddered, remembering the dream.'

'My dreams were always the same, a replay of that same night, over and over. Sunday was no different.
“Amanda?” a voice said in a sickly sweet way. “I’m not going to hurt you.”
I looked around my bedroom. In the reflection of my mirror I saw a pale faced 16-year-old. Her hair was up in a messy bun and her eyes were wide with panic. I looked down at my body. The images didn’t coincide. My body was of a 14-year-old’s. My school uniform was slightly too short and my socks were falling down. But why was I thinking these things?
I scrambled under the bed just as the footsteps sounded close.
“Amanda James! This is getting ridiculous. Where are you?”
My heartbeat hit against my chest, so hard it was almost painful. I put my hands to my quivering lips, attempting to stop the heavy breathing that was so hard to muffle. Slowly I could hear him bend down to the floor. His face next to mine, he said, “It’s time.”'

DUN DUN DUN
and i never finished any of them .

1 comment: